Increasing complexity and the use of higher levels of software in product development pose great challenges to R&D organizations. Managing this complexity throughout the entire lifecycle, while ensuring speed to market and flexibility, make all of the difference in today’s competitive environment.
3DSE in action
Systems Engineering (SE) offers a systemic approach to product development to make complex inter-relationships understandable and manageable. SE is an holistic approach that develops systems thinking and consistently aligns product architecture, methods & processes, organization and IT tooling with customer value and the business model. The goal is to achieve an overall optimum for the "system of interest".
Agile Systems Engineering combines the systematic and structured approach with the iterative and incremental agile approach. Increased team empowerment and working in sprint rhythms go hand in hand with requirements management, a departure into product architecture as well as verification and validation. Customer feedback is also used continuously to develop adaptively and purposefully.
Both approaches complement each other but must be brought into the right balance. In order to develop the right solution for client challenges, it is important to combine the characteristics of systems engineering and agile principles and methods in a targeted manner.
3DSE helps clients to shape their individual fit for purpose agile systems engineering approach. For a viable and committed approach, working closely with client teams early in the definition phase ensures an aligned objective. In addition to concept development, 3DSE guides clients through operationalization and manage the transformation for sustainable anchoring of the agile systems engineering approach.
3DSE agile systems engineering services enable clients to master complex system development, increase speed and flexibility and improve customer centricity.
Case studies and insights
Agile, scaled organization for autonomous driving
Optimization and implementation of an agile, scalable organization for autonomous driving and embedding in corporate structure
- Establish effective target management
- Calibration and operationalization of collaboration model with external partners
- Integration of LeSS Huge working model
Transformation from component supplier to system provider
- Development of SE reference model
- Develop and initialize SE qualification programs
- Regular stakeholder validation across business units
Strengthen customer centricity to bridge market and technology
a highly decentralized organization
- Standardized cross organization approach to collect consumer requirements
- Synchronization of marketing and engineering teams
- Increase customer centricity through focus on value-add product features and digitalization
Systems engineering driving state-of-the-art competitiveness
Implement a systems of competence structure
- Development logic established and implemented
- Core processes for product development and project management introduced
- Significantly better process stability, improved interaction between roles