Mobile machines bring together mobile industrial equipment from the agriculture, construction and transportation industries. Whether these are tractors used for farming, forestry vehicles, cranes and bulldozers used for construction or long haul and short haul transportation vehicles, they are addressed here.
Topics of concern for these industries include sustainability concerns, a desire to expand their solutions offerings along the value chain and within the ecosystem, ambitions to increase autonomy of vehicles and the introduction of electrification.
3DSE supports projected industry growth
3DSE helps clients in this industry bring about transformational change within their R&D organizations. This is an industry faced with profound change due to the introduction of new technologies, regulation and competition. Sustainable innovation drives product & business model development for future readiness. A roadmap for future competitiveness begins with having the right solution offering and R&D performance optimization, hands-on implementation and the knowledge that German engineering underpins it all. 3DSE provides solutions to Mobile Machinery client challenges.
Case studies and insights
Renewable tractor portfolio vision
International agricultural manufacturer wanting to achieve an ambitious CO2 reduction goal in less than 10 years
- Reducing the number of product variants by 15% results in CO2 savings of 20%
- 10 different portfolio scenarios were designed to reach the goal of 30% reduction
- 5 architectural tractor concepts developed for electrified and renewable energy solutions
Agile systems of systems (SoS) engineering approach
The need to develop a more flexible development approach and drive additional value for the customer
- Customer centric SoS development framework reduced time to market by 15% and improved product maturity
- Implemented SoS mobility systems in 8 business units and 128 features
- Mindset change within portfolio management, product development and sales
R&D optimization program
R&D optimization program for an international agricultural manufacturer to gain best in class efficiency in a distributed global R&D organization
- 7% decrease in development cost
- 30% reduction in time to market
- Cross industry benchmark to achieve best in class R&D performance
Orchestrating R&D transformation
- Turnkey solution provider for 30% of product volume within 3 years
- 4 globally responsible CoEs for leveraging synergies across all product lines and regions
- Broad management buy-in for implementing the change